Disneymooners

Disneymooners (http://www.disneymooner.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disney Wedding Planning (http://www.disneymooner.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Rehearsal Dinner (http://www.disneymooner.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16170)

spentz 10-21-2015 06:31 AM

Rehearsal Dinner

Hey gals (and a few gents!)

How did everyone plan their rehearsal dinner? Did you go through DFTW or through Disney's group reservations?

elysemelon 10-21-2015 12:21 PM

Hi Stephanie! We are actually having a welcome character breakfast at the Garden Grove at the Swan! The price was ~$24/person and includes bloody mary and mimosa service! We are also getting a special order card for omelet and pancake made-to-order stations. For us, it was a more economical option and it allowed for an afternoon of park and bachelorette festivities!

Amanda132 10-21-2015 12:31 PM

We're doing our rehearsal dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. I just booked it by calling regular Disney dining reservations. We're having 17 people.

spentz 10-21-2015 02:01 PM

Thanks girls! (Elyse I read your comment on my PJ before this so lol) what time was your rehearsal at your ceremony locations? Do they allow you to choose your time?

spentz 10-21-2015 06:32 PM

New twist in our thought process! Has anyone had a Dessert Party at Sago Cay Pointe at GF? We are thinking that might be better since we have so many family members that we want to see the night before the wedding! I've seen a few photos, but am wondering if anyone has menu samples for it? Please and thanks!

I'm pretty sure my wedding consultant has off on Wednesday's, so she hasn't answered any of my emails..

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/...euller-gif.gif

KDisney85 10-27-2015 08:59 PM

We had our dessert party at Sago Cay. It was on the wedding night though... not a rehearsal dinner. We figured out how much we had to spend per person to meet the minimum. Since we had 80 people we only needed two items. So, it wasn't a full dessert party. In fact, we had mini grilled cheese sandwiches and mini milkshakes (drunk food). However, I do think this would make a lovely location for a rehearsal dinner, although the fireworks will be late so you might be eating dinner at like 9:30!

elysemelon 10-28-2015 09:51 AM

Yes, we were able to choose our time and request a location. I worked with Jamie's assistant based on the time of our breakfast. I let her know we would be done at 10AM from breakfast and we wanted the rehearsal nearby.

therealloril 11-06-2015 03:44 PM

Im thinking of doing a welcome dinner, but I would like something not so expensive. I was thinking something very Disney, very American (hamburgers, fries, delicious food) since we are from Mexico. Any ideas? I'm getting marked in Disneyland California!

HappilyeverRaider 10-25-2016 11:24 AM

We decided that we are having a half savory half sweet dessert party so people can get dinner and desserts and we won't have to pay for an expensive dinner and dp. I didn't want to have dinner than orchestrate everyone to epcot.

Erin12 09-08-2017 03:59 PM

Has anyone done a rehearsal dinner not through disney but at a nearby location? We have a pretty large group of people invited to the wedding (~140) and though that number will definitely drop down it's still fairly large and I think something at Disney would be way too expensive. We thought about maybe something like a Buca's that does family style food?

PSS715 09-13-2017 07:56 PM

that's a good idea to cut down. I wonder if the restaurants at Swan and Dolphin are any cheaper or anyplace in Disney springs?

I mean why not do an outside place. Saves you money!

sharon 09-21-2017 03:27 PM

We looked into S & D food options three years ago. The restaurants at Swan and Dolphin can accommodate smaller sized groups (the size limits are available by contacting the restaurants and may even be online) and the menu is flexible- ie, you have room to work within a budget.

However, for a group of 140, one would need to go through their catering to book one of the hotel banquet rooms. I believe the menu options and prices are online, and if not they are available if you inquire directly to the S & D. There was a range of options. For us, it was actually more affordable to book Disney catering than S & D.

A place I haven't seen mentioned here is the Bohemian Hotel, which is nearby in Celebration. They do weddings, catering, and have rooms for people who want to be near Disney, but want another option. We had looked into this place, but it been going through some management changes at the time we got lost in the cracks. We didn't want to take a chance with planning a wedding there. Three years later that should be resolved.