Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
tanyanguyen7
New Mooner

Default Best month to wed in Florida?

Hi guys!
I'm new! Can anyone recommend a good wedding month? I don't want it too hot, or cool. Just right
tanyanguyen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
cp_princess

Princess Mooner

October and April are pretty popular months though you can get some pretty warm days during both. We did December and it was cold the first couple of days but then really nice the rest of the time. The evening of our welcome party was in the 30s/40s but the day of our wedding was in the 70's which was great. I would say pick a time that means the most to you since with weather you never really know what you are going to get.

~*~ My Planning Journal~*~Our Wedding Recap~*~Our HEA Journal~*~
cp_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
kkismet

Planning Princess

I will throw a pitch in for late March. We got married 20 March and the weather was perfect! It was cool, but not cold, in the mornings and evenings and the days are not yet sweltering. Also, as you get closer to the summer, it tends to have a rain shower every day, and in March that has not yet started.

Do take a look, if you can, at when the schools will be out from Spring break, as the parks get more crowded, but if you can do it the weeke before, you will be set!

~DM Pixie~
(and Brian) ~ 20 March 2004 ~ Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo & Ariel's

kkismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
krhurlock

Planning Princess

October is a wonderful month in Orlando! Our wedding day was in the 70s. Just warm enough Although some years when we've been there for our anni its been very hot, but that doenst seem to be the norm. What months are you entertaining??

Katie & Sterling
October 15, 2006
Wedding Pavilion, Italy Isola, American Adventure
Our Fairy Tale Wedding Our Happily Ever After...
krhurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Melitious

Mooner Godmother

I'm with Katie on October, as I was married two days before her. It was gorgeous down there then, and not to mention, there are quite a few fun extra events you can do down there during that time -- Food and Wine Festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Melissa - 10/13/06 - Italy Courtyard & Living Seas
Wedding Recaps ~ Mouseketeer ~ Our First Trip to DL ~ Chris's First Trip to WDW
Melitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
figmentfan814

Fairy Mooner

I second Kristen on March. We were married in early March (so early enough to avoid Easter) and we had beautiful weather 75 degrees and sunny. Plus, my husband loved the fact that spring training baseball was going on at the same time at Wide World of Sports, as well as, other baseball fields in the region. In addition, now the Flower & Garden Festival is also started in Epcot which is a lot of fun and so beautiful!

Vanessa and Kris~ March 3, 2008
American Adventure Rotunda/Living Seas Brunch/French Island Illuminations Dessert Reception
Wedding Journal
http://www.disneymooner.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10029
figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Sandella44

Planning Princess

October through April are generally decent months. We were just at Disney this past weekend and it was unusually warm for March (weather this year has been kind of warmer than usual)...but it wasn't unpleasant. Not too hot and not too cool. There was a really nice breeze most of the day. We had really lovely dry and cool air for our October wedding in 2006. We got lucky because a cool front moved in over night. The weather here in Florida can be unpredictable. My biggest recommendation would be not to pick anything between the end of May and the end of September if you don't like heat or rain. Also keep in mind that hurricane season runs from June 1 - November 30, with August and September usually the peak of that activity.

Here's a link to weather history for Orlando.
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/His...ation=USFL0372

My Wedding Recap * My Happily Ever After Journal * My Mouseketeers Journal * My TTC #2 Journal
Sandella44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
minnimez

Mickey Mooner

I live locally and I'm getting married at WDW on November 16. Being a teacher as well as someone who frequents the parks, I know that Thanksgiving time and the weeks of Christmas & New Years are always crazy crowded, but the weather is so perfect! This March and April have been really swamped at the parks with spring break families...I feel as though spring breaks throughout the country and spread out more and more, creating a longer busy season at the parks in spring...
minnimez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
FlamingoAllie
New Mooner

We were married in October. The entire month was warm but pleasant, except for our wedding day! (Oct 13th) We had a heat wave and almost died of heat stroke! LOL! We live about 45 minutes away from WDW, so we go to WDW practically every weekend. My favorite month so far was September. It WAS hot, but the parks were SO EMPTY! So, depending on what kind of wedding experience you are looking for, depends on the time of year. Do you like hot weather? (I DO!) Are you planning on the parks being a big part of your wedding? Do you want extra magic through the food and wine festival, Christmas party, or Flower and Garden? All these things will help to make your decision.

Wedding Recap

Planning Journal
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
disneydreamer
New Mooner

Hi we are looking at coming to florida from the UK from 11th may 2013 to 1st June 2013.
Wedding date hopefully 14th may

What does everyone think of these dates. We are hoping for sea breeze point at 2.30 would that be good weather

Andrea x

19th May 2011 ( Hopefully)
SBP/Napa/Lochside
disneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
FlamingoAllie
New Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer View Post
Hi we are looking at coming to florida from the UK from 11th may 2013 to 1st June 2013.
Wedding date hopefully 14th may

What does everyone think of these dates. We are hoping for sea breeze point at 2.30 would that be good weather

Andrea x
It should be good weather, although it does have the potential to be really hot! Also, the closer you get to summer, the more chance you have of the afternoon thunderstorms popping up. These are usually around 3:30-4:30 and don't last very long, but something to think about. Especially since SBP is outside, and it is a little bit of a walk from the Boardwalk to Sea Breeze. We were married at SBP in October, and it was so lovely!

Wedding Recap

Planning Journal
Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
disneydreamer
New Mooner

Thank you that's really helpful.

Do you think we should consider April instead?

SBP/Napa/Lochside
Old 04-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
FlamingoAllie
New Mooner

This month has been really nice. In the mid 70's for highs, and low 60's for lows. We have only had 3 or 4 days all month with rain, which is good for weddings, but not so much for the severe draught! haha. Also, flower and garden festival is going on in Epcot, (so pretty for pictures!), but depending on when Easter is next year, you may have to deal with the Spring Break crowd. But if I am going to be totally honest, there really isn't a bad time to be in Disney World! HTH!

Wedding Recap

Planning Journal
Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
apo2650
New Mooner

I'm thinking November... decent weather, food and wine festival , steep discounts on rooms and free dining plans for the guests coming to our wedding
apo2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
Jen

Fairy Mooner

we originally planned may but heard it was hurricane season and changed to aug ! slightly worried now but at least we're at the wedding pavillion so an indoor venue
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #16
disneydreamer
New Mooner

We are considering trying to plan a later date than May to give my parents extra time to get some money together to come with us.

Is October still hurricane season I can't figure out when a good time to visit is.

We want it to be hot enough to swim outside but not unbearable heat and also preferably no afternoon thunderstorms or hurricanes

Thanks

SBP/Napa/Lochside