Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
lilc2726
New Mooner

Default Service fee

Can someone please explain the 23% service charge that is listed? Is that 23% of the total? For example if I spend 20000, will I have to pay the 6% tax in addition to 23% fee? That would make my wedding cost an extra 5000. Is this how I'm understanding it?
lilc2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
laurmc8
New Mooner

The service charge doesn't apply to everything. It's on all food and beverage and maybe a few other things but that's the big one. It doesn't apply to ceremony fees etc
Old 06-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
elysemelon

Fairy Mooner

The service fee is essentially your tax and tip/gratuity for that piece of the wedding. Any part that would require someone working on that day will have a service fee:

Food/beverage, cake delivery, floral delivery, transportation, photography/videography (if DFAP), and your planner/aids for the day, etc.

It's the reason why there's great debate about tipping vs gifts vs abstaining completely from either!

Elyse & AJ
Monday, November 23, 2015 SBP/LSS/Italy Isola West
Planning Journal//Planning Session//Wedding Recap//Disneymoon Recap
elysemelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #4
Jakzmom
New Mooner

So I don't need to tip for the food and beverage but all other vendors I would right?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
elysemelon

Fairy Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakzmom View Post
So I don't need to tip for the food and beverage but all other vendors I would right?
Typically, yes. Cassie at disney weddings podcast has a great one about who to tip! If you are using outside vendors who are contracted (photos and video), you don't really need to tip them, as they are getting your money in it's entirety.

Click here!

I didn't tip, but rather left all vendors/aids personalized wedding favors. We had candy apples, so I worked with my florist to make vendor specific ones that were in their prep room.

For my planner and her assistant, I sent personalized beach bags with items from Ocean city, NJ!

I sent my florist a sephora "give me some lip" set after having a discussion with her about how much we love lipstick!

Elyse & AJ
Monday, November 23, 2015 SBP/LSS/Italy Isola West
Planning Journal//Planning Session//Wedding Recap//Disneymoon Recap
elysemelon is offline   Reply With Quote