Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 
 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #1
tara
New Mooner
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Default Reception Location

Hello! We are struggling to pick a reception location for our "mini" wishes wedding. We will have a small group - 15 to 20. We are probably going with Sea Breeze Point at Boardwalk for the ceremony. Any recommendations for a small location that wouldn't need a lot of enhancements (not looking to spend a fortune on floral and such). We like the location of The Attic, but the decor isn't really going to work for us.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
indiana_princess

Minnie Mooner
 
indiana_princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 129
Default

How about the Sonoma room at Cali grill? It's very pretty, though food and beverage might be a little high for your small group. Maybe the St. James room at the boardwalk, or the American adventure parlor in Epcot? Or you could do a daytime reception outside in the world showcase at someplace like the French lower area.

If you don't have it already, you may want to get the passporter guide to wedding and honeymoons, which lists all of the wdw locations.
__________________
Eloped August 2nd, 2015 in Rocky Mountain National Park

Planning a Vowel Renewal 2018

Savannah & Eric
indiana_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
tara
New Mooner
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana_princess View Post
How about the Sonoma room at Cali grill? It's very pretty, though food and beverage might be a little high for your small group. Maybe the St. James room at the boardwalk, or the American adventure parlor in Epcot? Or you could do a daytime reception outside in the world showcase at someplace like the French lower area.

If you don't have it already, you may want to get the passporter guide to wedding and honeymoons, which lists all of the wdw locations.
Thank you for your suggestions. We have been eyeballing the California Grill, but have the same concern you mentioned about the cost for our group size. I will check out the others you listed.
tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:28 AM   #4
Nick
New Mooner
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 8
Default

We've booked the Attic. It is at Boardwalk and holds up to around 30 people I think
__________________
Nick

Nick and Rachel
Planning Walt Disney Wold Wedding, May 2017
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #5
tara
New Mooner
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
We've booked the Attic. It is at Boardwalk and holds up to around 30 people I think
The size and location are perfect. I wish I could find more pictures of how people have enhanced the decor.
tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #6
drjackal31
New Mooner
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Default

I don't think a lot of people do much decorating at the Attic and use what is already there. I have it booked for my reception next September and we only plan on doing small centerpieces. What is already there is good for us, plus I count the windows/view as part of the decor.

Do you want the reception inside?

What about the Hampton or Saybrook room in the Yacht and Beach Club?

P.S. I'm jealous your group is that small. I had to do an A-List B-List
drjackal31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 PM   #7
tara
New Mooner
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjackal31 View Post
I don't think a lot of people do much decorating at the Attic and use what is already there. I have it booked for my reception next September and we only plan on doing small centerpieces. What is already there is good for us, plus I count the windows/view as part of the decor.

Do you want the reception inside?

What about the Hampton or Saybrook room in the Yacht and Beach Club?

P.S. I'm jealous your group is that small. I had to do an A-List B-List
We have decided the size and location of The Attic is just too good to pass up. Plus, minimal decor needs will mean I can spend money on other things
tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #8
indiana_princess

Minnie Mooner
 
indiana_princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 129
Default

Congrats on deciding! It will be lovely!
__________________
Eloped August 2nd, 2015 in Rocky Mountain National Park

Planning a Vowel Renewal 2018

Savannah & Eric
indiana_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
dee91
New Mooner
 
dee91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Default

whitehall patio is a nice option
__________________
XOXOX,
Dee
dee91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.