Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Pinkabell_87
New Mooner

Default Illuminations dessert party?

Can somebody explain to me the costs of an illumination dessert party?
11 adults, a 4 year old and a 2 year old would be in attendant.
How much should I expect it to cost?
Thanks in advance
Beki
Pinkabell_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
EternalRomance74
New Mooner

*watching because I was thinking about this too*
EternalRomance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
bigr3ddot

Mickey Mooner

Illuminations dessert party are generally per person, although some things can be billed on consumption. Unlike buffets at receptions, there is no distinction between child over age 2 versus adult; the price is the same. Therefore, for your party, you would have twelve people (your two-year-old may not count). However, there is also a minimum food and beverage expenditure, depending on the site. Each site also has a separate venue rental fee. Generally speaking, the food and beverage minimum is $23 x the minimum number of people for the venue, so if the venue has a ten-person minimum, then the food and beverage minimum is $230 for that site, plus whatever the venue rental fee is. Venue rentals are about $250, and there may be an $85 setup fee.
bigr3ddot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
EternalRomance74
New Mooner

Thanks =)
EternalRomance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
DisLauraT

Minnie Mooner

I've read also that if your guests do not have a ticket to the parks, there will be a $12.95 per person charge for viewing Illuminations.

DisLauraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
gildedcoyote

Mickey Mooner

Each site has a designated usage fee and a minimum food requirement (ex. my site usage fee is $250). All guests 3+ will be charged the per person rate of whatever menu is chosen (ex. my dessert menu is $30/person). All guests 3+ that do not have a park ticket (annual pass or one-time use ticket used at EPCOT that day) are charged a $12.95 viewing fee.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Twincess
New Mooner

Wow, $250 is a bargain compared to what I was quoted. But maybe it's different per event or time of year?

I just called Disney Catered Events about planning a "dinner party" in lieu of a wedding reception. Looking into an illuminations dinner, so obviously a outdoor area in one of the pavilions. I inquired about a Thursday in October and they told me there was a site fee of $1,000!
Twincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
Dignity

Fairy Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincess View Post
Wow, $250 is a bargain compared to what I was quoted. But maybe it's different per event or time of year?

I just called Disney Catered Events about planning a "dinner party" in lieu of a wedding reception. Looking into an illuminations dinner, so obviously a outdoor area in one of the pavilions. I inquired about a Thursday in October and they told me there was a site fee of $1,000!
Which site fee is that for?

I'm having mine at Viking Landing and the site fee is $335 in October (min 10 people).

Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #9
gildedcoyote

Mickey Mooner

UK Lochside on a Thursday in June. Venue rental of $250 and a food and beverage minimum of $460.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
bigr3ddot

Mickey Mooner

For nearly all Illuminations sites, it's $250, but many sites also have an additional $85 setup fee (therefore the aforementioned $335 for Viking Landing). Then there is the food and beverage minimum in addition plus the viewing fees.

UK Terrace, because the tables are fixed, has no setup fee.
bigr3ddot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #11
AJCDRS2014

Minnie Mooner

I was told that Illumination Dessert parties don't happen while food and wine is going on for Friday and Saturday events. Therefore during the week the venue price may increase because of high demand. What location did you want. I am doing one right after food and wine November 22 at Italy Isola West (smaller not over the bridge side). I will copy and paste the information I have. I know the cost is different depending if it is a dessert party or not. If you are having real food that may be why the cost is more expensive. This is what it says for my location:

ISOLA WEST PLAZA ~ EPCOT®:
The food and beverage minimum for use of this venue for a Dessert Party is $500.00 (exclusive of wedding cake, service charges and sales tax) for a minimum of 20 guests and a maximum of 150 guests. The food and beverage minimum for use of this venue for a breakfast/lunch/dinner is $1,500.00 for a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 60 guests. The venue rental is $250.00 plus tax. Cold food items and a limited Chef’s choice of hot food items can be served at this location. This venue is buffet style service only. There are specific guidelines for showcasing and serving wedding cakes - please ask your Wedding Event Planner for additional information. An additional $12.95 plus tax per person will be charged for viewing IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth from this location. Disney charter bus transportation will be required. Restrooms used at this facility are shared with day guests and are located outside the venue area. Guests who may be attending another event at Italy Isola may come through your event due to wheelchair access. All talent performing within Epcot® must be secured by Walt Disney Entertainment through your Wedding Event Planner. All floral and décor items must be provided by Disney. All glassware and dishware provided will be non-breakable. Amplified entertainment and characters are not available for use in this location. Existing background music will remain on throughout your event. Please be aware that concert background noise from the American Gardens Theater may be a factor during your outdoor event. Opening and closing park hours are subject to change at any time; therefore, event and entertainment hours will vary.
Theme: Tides of Love Colors: Sapphire, Emerald, & Silver

http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Cohen-Salazar
AJCDRS2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #12
princesskimchi
New Mooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedcoyote View Post
UK Lochside on a Thursday in June. Venue rental of $250 and a food and beverage minimum of $460.
Were the views "obstructed" from UK Lockside?
princesskimchi is offline   Reply With Quote