Click for Disneymooner Home Page
Disneymooner Facebook PageDisneymooners on PinterestDisneymooners TwitterContact Disneymoonersyourfairytalewedding blog 

Go Back   Disneymooners > Welcome to the Disneymooners > General Disney Wedding Planning

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
WDW1974
New Mooner

Default Wedding Planner

How much communication should I be expecting with my actual wedding planner? So far I have had a ton of contact with Sarah, the assistant...who is fabulous, so I don't actually have a complaint.

But I've never personally spoken to the planner and just want to know if it is normal. Our planning session is February 27th.
WDW1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
mufasa0505

Mooner Godmother

You won't really have much communication until you're a few months out from your wedding. And even then it seems that they don't communicate as much as you feel you need. That's why we're here!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
BWBride
Gives in to chocolate!

Princess Mooner

I never had any contact with Carol until my planning session. I would just email Sarah and cc Carol on things. Sarah is really good, I was nervous at first because she was new and was replacing my existing, fabulous assistant Christy. But, she's been great. And should be able to answer most of your questions leading up to the PS.

Marilyn & Tony~February 23, 2012
Sea Breeze Point~Atlantic Dance Hall~UK Lower
BWBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
amjdisney13
New Mooner

I have Sarah as well. She is fabulous and when I've had questions that she couldn't answer she'd forward them to Lisa and then I'd hear from her.

But to answer your question no clue. I just found it interesting that Sarah is on top of her game and agree I haven't heard from Lisa quite as much.
amjdisney13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
hanna

Fairy Mooner

I haven't spoken to Carol either, only once via email and she got back to me right away. My correspondence has been with Sarah and she's been awesome so far. My PS is in June - 2 months from now - and that will be my first time meeting/talking to Carol.

Sally & Scott
January 7, 2013 ~ II/WP/BW
Planning Journal ~ Fairy Tale Focus ~ PS Recaps ~ Recaps
hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
hammy5

Minnie Mooner

My planner is Kathy Terri and her assistant is Sarah. Sarah is AMAZING and I could not ask for better. I have never actually talked to my planner. I will meet her in a couple of weeks at our planning session.
hammy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
littleshells

Minnie Mooner

I wonder if they are doing things differently now because I had Carol back in 2009 and she didn't have an assistant, it was all her. She was great!
http://disneymooner.com/forums/image...ine=1265050871
littleshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
PSS715
show me your cupcakes!

Mooner Godmother

I remember that I really didnt have extensive contact with my planner until the planning session. That was when we really had questions and when our budget began to develop. Before that it was simply dates and emails with documents.

Planning Journal*Wedding*HEAJ*
MOUSEKETEER
PSS715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
DossieMarrone
Eats cake for breakfast!

Mooner Godmother

It depends on the planner, when I had Michelle we had Sarah and she amazing. Loved loved loved Sarah. When I had Chrissy, she had her asst Alix and I heard more from Chrissy than her asst. For the two weeks I had Meri, she also had Alix and even then I spoke to Meri more.

My fourth and final planner, Jamie. I think only once have I heard from her assistant whose name I am not even sure of, I think it's Jessica. But my planner actually answers her phone or calls me back pretty quickly and always has since I got assigned to her in February (about two months prior to my wedding)

Dossie and Benjamin

April, 26 2012
WP/II/AAR
DossieMarrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
donald&daisy
New Mooner

I think it varies a lot too. My planner called to introduce herself then promptly went on maternity leave. After she got back I've spoken to her two or three times since our PS. Pretty much all of my communication goes through her assistant, Jessica, who is great.

Justine & Adam
4/21/12
SBP/LSS/Sago Cay
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
blackstone2796

Mickey Mooner

I have been lucky and actually have done all of my communication through my planner. Come to think of it, I don't even know if I have ever talked to her assistant. Its probably all preference of the planners and how many brides they have I am sure.
blackstone2796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Jen

Fairy Mooner

Kathy Terry is our wedding planner, mainly had all our communication with her so far, only a couple of emails from her assistant, we had a phone call planning session with Kathy and she was wonderful, our floral event manager Michelle Sanderson is wonderful too
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote